Hi, I'm a Professor of Fluid Mechanics at the School of Architecture, Building and Civil Engineering at Loughborough University.
I am heavily involved in research into nonequilibrium turbulence and further information on this area is available from our web- page: http://www.nonequilibrium-turbulence.org.uk and our twitter feed: @NonEquilibTurb.
The banner image highlights some of the various things I have worked on over the years. From left to right, these are (hyperlinks take you to related research papers):
- Snow avalanche defences in Neskaupstadur in Iceland;
- A large-eddy simulation of flow over dunes;
- A Q-R diagram for the velocity gradient tensor for homogeneous, isotropic turbulence;
- The avalanche sensing mast at Vallee de la Sionne, Switzerland;
- Wind tunnel experiments measuring the properties of wakes and boundary-layers.