Some of my research is highlighted below. Hyperlinks take you to the journal page for my papers.
Work in fluid mechanics:
- Keylock, C.J. 2019. Turbulence at the Lee bound: maximally non-normal vortex filaments and the decay of a local dissipation rate, Journal of Fluid Mechanics 881, 381-412.
- Beaumard, P., Buxton, O.R.H., Keylock, C.J. 2019. The importance of non-normal contributions to velocity gradient tensor dynamics for spatially developing, inhomogeneous, turbulent flows, Journal of Turbulence https://doi.org/10.1080/14685248.2019.1685095.
- Keylock, C.J., Ghisalberti, M., Katul, G.G., Nepf, H.M. 2019. A joint velocity‑intermittency analysis reveals similarity in the vertical structure of atmospheric and hydrospheric canopy turbulence, Environmental Fluid Mechanicshttps://doi.org/10.1007/s10652-019-09694-w.
- Keylock, C.J. 2018. The Schur decomposition of the velocity gradient tensor for turbulent flows, Journal of Fluid Mechanics 848, 876-904.
- Keylock, C.J. 2017. Synthetic velocity gradient tensors and the identification of significant aspects of the structure of turbulence, Physical Review Fluids 2, 8, 084607.
- Higham, J., Brevis, W., Keylock, C.J. 2016. A rapid non-iterative proper orthogonal decomposition based outlier detection and correction for PIV data, Measurement Science and Technology 27, no. 125303, doi: 10.1088/0957-0233/27/12/125303.
- Keylock, C.J., Ganapathisubramani, B., Monty, J., Hutchins, N. and Marusic, I. 2016. The coupling between inner and outer scales in a zero pressure boundary layer evaluated using a Hölder exponent framework, Fluid Dynamics Research 48, 2, 021405.
- Keylock, C.J., Stresing, R. and Peinke, J. 2015. Gradual wavelet reconstruction of the velocity increments for turbulent wakes, Physics of Fluids 27, 025104.
Work in hydrodynamics and geomorphology:
- Kesserwani, G., Shaw, J., Sharifian, M.K., Bau, D., Keylock, C.J., Bates, P.D., Ryan, J.K. 2019. (Multi)wavelets increase both accuracy and efficiency of standard Godunov-type hydrodynamic models, Advances in Water Resources 129, 31-55.
- Higham, J.E., Brevis, W., Keylock, C.J., Safarzadeh, A. 2017. Using modal decompositions to explain the sudden expansion of the mixing layer in the wake of a groyne in a shallow flow, Advances in Water Resources 107, 451-459.
- Keylock, C.J., Chang, K.S., Constantinescu, G.S. 2016. Large eddy simulation of the velocity-intermittency structure for flow over a field of symmetric dunes, Journal of Fluid Mechanics 805, 656-685.
- Keylock, C.J. 2015. Flow resistance in natural, turbulent channel flows: The need for a fluvial fluid mechanics, Water Resources Research 51, doi: 10.1002/2015WR016989.
- Keylock, C.J., Lane, S.N., Richards, K.S. 2014. Quadrant/octant sequencing and the role of coherent structures in bed load sediment entrainment, Journal of Geophysical Research 119, 264-286, doi: 10.1002/2012JF002698.
- Keylock, C.J., Singh, A., Foufoula-Georgiou, E. 2014. The complexity of gravel-bed river topography examined with gradual wavelet reconstruction, Journal of Geophysical Research 119, 682-700, doi: 10.1002/2013JF002999.
- Keylock, C.J., Singh, A., Foufoula-Georgiou, E. 2013. The influence of bedforms on the velocity-intermittency structure of turbulent flow over a gravel bed, Geophysical Research Letters 40, 1-5, doi:10.1002/grl.50337.
Work in nonlinear analysis methods:
- Keylock, C.J. 2019. Hypothesis testing for nonlinear phenomena in the geosciences using synthetic, surrogate data, Earth and Space Science 6, doi:10.1029/2018EA000435
- Keylock, C.J. 2018. Gradual multifractal reconstruction of time-series: Formulation of the method and an application to the coupling between stock market indices and their Hölder exponents, Physica D 368, 1-9.
- Keylock, C.J. 2017. Multifractal surrogate-data generation algorithm that preserves pointwise Hölder regularity structure, with initial applications to turbulence, Physical Review E 95, 032123